Thursday 6 December 2012

Clarins HydraQuench Cream

I think we've probably established that I like Clarins products.  This moisturiser isn't my first choice but it's very good and, as I have quite a few of these in 'gift with purchase' size, I've been using it.

It comes in two flavours:  "normal to dry" and "very dry".  I've been using the "normal to dry" which is perhaps not the most accurate description of my skin type (combination is much better!) but, as my skin is usually pretty dehydrated, I can cope with richer creams.

As is usual with Clarins products, a lovely light scent:  fresh and plant like.  The cream is quite rich but I found my skin soaked it up quickly.  I actually started using it while I was on holiday - after a few flights my skin was very dehydrated and a bit flaky on the cheeks and this did a fantastic job of sorting that out.

On the down side, there's no SPF (internationally, an SPF version is available but it doesn't seem to be in Australia ... this may be to do with our labelling laws rather than different formulations), so you will need to add sunblock.

On the up side, Clarins actually recommends this for use both morning and night - so you remove the need for a night cream!  That's excellent!  And actually, now I've read that I'm going to stop using the Griffin + Row moisturiser at night and use this instead.

Definitely one to consider if you have dry or dehydrated skin.

Available at Clarins counters, RRP $70.

Clarins.

Source:  gift with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment